The Center for Excellence in Operations, Inc. (CEO for short) is a global management consulting firm specializing in strategic and operations improvement.
Our Brand: Strategic and Operations Improvement. We are very experienced transformation leaders, operations executives, business system architects, and subject matter experts that have deep and diverse industry experiences, adaptive improvement skills, business process knowledge, and the ability to lead executives and their organizations through complex implementations and achieve new levels of global competitiveness and superior performance.
We work directly with clients as our own independent consulting firm, and as expert network partners with larger consulting, public accounting, private equity and venture capital, and investment banking firms.
Our practice includes transformation leadership, strategy, and implementation planning, but our specialty is Execution. We have a strong reputation and demonstrated track record for helping clients beyond strategy and planning, to implementing change and achieving results. Our primary areas of focus include:
- Operations/Manufacturing Improvement Strategy and Execution
- Private Equity, Operations Due Diligence and Integration Support
- Global Quality and Reliability Management
- Global Demand and Supply Chain Management
- Procurement and Supplier Management
- Time-To-Market and New Product Development
- Targeted Breakthrough Improvement Assignments
- Technology-Enabled Improvement
- Custom Education and Talent Development
- The Lean Business System Reference Model™
- Healthcare Operations Transformation
Why Organizations Work With CEO
The attributes of our brand are the reason why clients choose to work with our firm:
- Transformation Leadership: We have successfully guided and mentored hundreds of clients through the tough executive, organizational, and human realities of major transformations in their business. Our strength is working together “with” our clients to achieve efficient and sustainable improvements, and breakthroughs in operating performance.
- Experience: All of our professionals have more than 25 years of deep operations experience with over 350 clients in 23 countries. Our professionals have also held executive leadership positions in private industry prior to their consulting career. They understand industry best practices and how to pragmatically adapt and achieve breakthroughs in operating performance. They are great, personable leaders and mentors of change. They do not need to be trained, and know exactly what to look for and how to proceed in every engagement.
- Knowledge: Our professionals are industry recognized experts in their respective fields. They have worked with many organizations and cultural environments and are able to adapt improvement needs and contribute value instantly in client engagements. They offer creative solutions and know how to leverage insider/outsider knowledge into breakthrough thinking. Their repository of deep knowledge includes the important change leadership, active listening, talent development, coaching and mentoring, and cultural development skills.
- Real Results: Execution is our differentiator and we take our value proposition seriously: It is the norm for our clients to achieve annualized benefits in excess of 10X to 50X CEO’s fees, which has often equated to annualized savings equal to 3% to 10%+ of our clients’ revenues. We are passionate and serious about continuing this mutual track record of success. As a firm, we thrive on always winning together and building lasting relationships with our clients!
Currently we focus on mid-market and private equity companies, and bring extensive implementation experience with Operations Excellence (Kaizen, Lean, Six Sigma, etc.), Supply Chain and Procurement Excellence, Go To Market (GTM) and Product Development Excellence, Transactional Business Process Innovation, ERP and Technology-Enabled Improvement, Business Turnarounds, Private Equity and Acquisition Evaluation/Integration, Interim Management, and concentrated problem solving in a specific strategic area of importance. We pride ourselves on building these competencies internally with our clients so they can continue to achieve even higher levels of performance and cultural success.
CEO is affiliated with L.E.K. Consulting as one of their “Expert Network” partners. We also enjoy synergy relationships with several other larger consulting, private equity, venture capital, software, executive search, and niche professional services organizations.
“I promise that if you choose to work with our firm, you will work with us again on other ops improvement needs. 100% of our clients have rehired CEO because of our proven ability to deliver results while creating a rewarding growth experience for their people. This is an unpresented benchmark in our industry.”